Address: Heol Maes Eglwys, Morriston, Swansea SA6 6NL
Phone: 01792 702222
Although waiting times can be very long here
Prince Philip Hospital
Hospital Switchboard: 01554 756567
Dale had a very good experience when he broke his leg and went here, much shorter wait but a little bit futher away than Morriston
Neath Port Talbot Hospital Minor Injury Unit
this is where I go if I hurt myself when Singleton is shut or if you need an xray
Neath Port Talbot Hospital.
Baglan Way. Port Talbot. SA12 7BX
The MIU is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The MIU is a 24-hour minor injury service which treats adults and children over the age of one year. Patients are seen and treated by a very experienced team of specialist nurses and health care support workers – no doctors work in the unit.
The MIU is able to assess and treat the following:
· Limb injuries which include broken bones (fractures) and dislocations of the
shoulder, finger and toes.
· Grazes, wounds and minor burns
· Head or face injuries without loss of consciousness
· Minor neck injuries where the patient is mobile and has no pins and needles in arms
· Minor back injuries not occurring from twisting or lifting
· Foreign bodies to eyes, ears and nose
· Non-penetrating eye and ear injuries
· Rib injuries where there is no coughing up of blood or chest infection
· Insect, animal and human bites
· Insect stings
The MIU offers the following treatments: wound closure including stitches and gluing; application of dressings; plaster casts, splints, strappings and slings; reducing shoulder, toe and finger dislocations; removal of foreign bodies and eye washes.
The unit can also give patients antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatories to treat injuries, and give tetanus vaccinations following an injury.
Follow-up clinics are also offered for suspected fractures and knee injuries.
Sketty Lane, Sketty, Swansea, SA2 8QA. Tel: 01792 205 666
The minor Injuries unit open from 8am closes at 8pm no A&E , cannot do xrays
Tutthead, Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4EX. Tel: 01792 366534
Late Chemist (NHS Direct)
0845 46 47
West Cross Medical Centre, West Cross Lane, West Cross, Swansea, SA3 5NG. Tel: 01792 404 157
Gower Medical Practice, Monksland Road, Scurlage, Swansea, SA3 1AY. Tel: 01792 390 413
Queens Road Medical Centre, 49 Queens Road, Mumbles, SA3 4AW. Tel: 01792 368 276
Out Of Hours Doctors (NHS Direct)
0845 46 47
01792 456 999